Wednesday, March 16, 2016

So what’s the game plan?

In every endeavour, one should have a plan in order to succeed, because the ones that don’t succeed are the ones who don’t have a plan at all. So I come up with an strategy in order for me to be a “Bestseller” (remember that’s my goal!). But first I have to be clear with the definition of a “Bestseller”.


The “BestSeller” that I have in mind is a:
1.       It’s story sells itself.
2.       Majority is seduced by it.
3.       The story has its own followers.
 
And yup those three are difficult to achieve, considered as a major road block, it’s difficult but who says it’s easy? And why did I define “Bestseller”? I noticed this when I read a book in my elementary days and it gave me a hell of a ride. I enjoyed it so much! Later, I found out that this book is not that popular to other people.  And then there’s this another book, I’ve heard that it sold millions of copies worldwide and it so successful that the author has trip around the world just to sign books. I’m so sold by its rumour that I bought it the next day. After reading a few pages, I felt like I want put a toothpick in my eyelids just to keep my eyes from falling because of boredom.
 

I defined it because I don’t want to be motivated by not just the number of sold copies but also if I gave the readers a unique experience that they will always cherished to the years to come. There are so many marketing strategies online in order for you to hack your way in selling millions of copies. But I still prefer in making my stories that plant into the soul of every reader, it’s worth than anything else. I also want to motivate myself to write from my heart and sell to the people the belief in our books. 


So first things first, I want to improve my quality of writing. Thousands of “how to write” books/programs out there and it doesn’t matter which one, the important thing is to make a full dive into my desired endeavour. I’ve read books and been with programs that help other people to write fiction, the only thing that’s left to apply what I’ve learn and have feedbacks for improvements. The only place that I can think is WATTPAD. Sure, there are other writing sites that exist before WATTPAD that you can also post your stories and have comments. But WATTPAD is the trend to today and I want to hear the voice of this new generation in order for my writing to fit for this era. Let’s see how can we do it. Comment on this post for other suggestions that I can do.




Until then guys! XD
 

 

4 comments:

  1. I can tell from your blog that your motivation to write will carry you towards success. The depth of your passion is clearly illustrated in how you express yourself and I can say that it will carry you far! Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done kuya! i can feel the determination in your journey. You can technically take your attitude in pursing other goals as well :)

    ReplyDelete

You're welcome to post your thoughts about this blog post. :)