Sunday, March 27, 2016

Connection between TV Directors deaths and PH TV Series Quality




Watching TV is always in my blood. It’s one of the easiest ways to be entertained whether with  yourself or with family and friends. I have to say I rarely watch PH TV Series because of the cliché plots and over the top dialogues. But ask me about American TV Series? My eyes will light up like a Christmas tree and I’ll tell you what series I love the most. Lately, I am also watching Korean (Historical Drama or Melodrama w/Political) and now I’m one of their followers! And which left me with a question, why can’t we do that here?




 
I’m totally in agreement with the writer of this article. I cringe as watch on some of the upcoming TV Series here, and they will always use the same formula that will always work on the masses.
With this issue, I think there’s a connection from the recent happening in the phil. showbiz  industry. The rate of TV Directors are dying, and the root cause? Bad working conditions, they worked more than 12 hours to shoot a TV series that is being televised every night. There’s nothing wrong if you’re delivering it every night but if someone is paying for the quality of the TV series thru their blood, it’s not even worth it. Even if you pay a hefty amount of cash, it will still not weigh the loss of a person.


Because of this I think it’s about time that we implement good practices in making a TV Series. Here are some of the good practices that I think should be implemented; majority are from U.S. or Korean networks:
  

  • One episode per week – So that writers and directors can think and strategize more on what will happen to the next episode.
  • More humane as possible – Like what’s pointed out in the 8list.ph’s article about the dialogues, do we really sound like that in real life?
  • No more pinoy cliché plots – I think every Juan or Pedro knows this too well.
  • Controlled working hours – 8 hours is the usual productive hours of an individual. More than is overtime. I hope the maximum is 12 hours per day.


I don’t know if these 4 practices are enough to contribute to good practices for making a TV Series here in PH. But at least they’ll help improve our industry to be par with other countries.

What do you think? Write in the comment section below.



     

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to post your thoughts about this blog post. :)