Tuesday, March 29, 2016

I want to be featured in Wattpad



It's nice to have to that momentum again to write for my audience in Wattpad. I’m so pumped up that I already finished editing for my next chapter.

After my editing, I read again one of the books in my Wattpad library. I nearly finished it last year but I decided to re-read again what I learn. The book is entitled, Cracking the Wattpad Code by Michael Limjoco. It's an amazing book! Tells his story on how he achieved the following:


  1. First page of the Hot list in Five Categories
  2. Book being featured on the front page of Wattpad 
  3. Finalist for 2013 Watty Awards in Sci-Fi/Fantasy 
And many more!

The book is easy to understand and you can relate to the experience he had, starting from zero readership to 1M+ readership.

He also explain the difference between being in the hot list and being featured. This topic is so important to me because this is where I'll differentiate my Wattpad success.



Being in the hot list means that you've written a good story, good grammar and you have a massive number of reads. While being feature means that you've written a story that is good enough to be prose, good grammar and a fair number of reads.

In order for me to reach my goal, I have to choose being featured. It's true that it’s also important to have many reads but being a featured means your writing can be par with a New York Times bestseller even though you're a nobody.

There are 3 ways that your story can be featured:

  1. You’re independently scouted by Wattpad 
  2. You’re a published author that has internal arrangements with Wattpad.
  3. You can submit your story to Wattpad for review.
I'm thinking I'll choose no. 3. What do you think? Write in the comment section below.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to post your thoughts about this blog post. :)